STORY TIME: I WAS SUSPENDED πŸ˜₯




Hello there, welcome to my blog!!
Today, I will be telling you all a story on how I got suspended from boarding house. Unbelievable right? Anytime I tell someone, they look surprised because I don't look troublesome. I will just tell you all about it and the lessons I learnt. I will apologise because I know it will be quite lengthy.
It was Christmas holiday, you know, time for chopping chicken and keeping up with family. As a typical Igbo Christmas, it was spent in the village. I was doing just that, until I got a message or a call from my dorm mate then that my name was on the "deboarding" list. You know that moment where every thing you have done flashed before your mind but you couldn't see the bad thing. That was how it was for me. She just shocked me by saying, "for flogging junior students". Me ke? I wanted to pee on my self, what was going on in my mind was how I will tell my parents. It was some days to us going back to Lagos at least let me enjoy it in peace. The night before we traveled back, I mustered all the courage I had in me to tell my mom. It was so obvious she was disappointed. She asked me what happened (which was after saying if I had two heads, that my sister graduated without such scandal), I told her I never did such. She believed me because she knew what I could do. Of course, it came with a lot of scolding but it's normal.
We got back to Lagos and I went to school and the school authorities said they will do an investigation. In my mind I was happy because I know I didn't do it but I was also scared. I was scared because I didn't know if it would be fair. They assembled the supposed students that was beaten and the senior students, which I was part of. The asked the junior students to point out the seniors that flogged them. I wasn't selected, if you see the way my heart leaped for joy. It was short lived when my house mistress said I must be part of them. I felt how innocent people were accused of what they didn't do. The woman and I never had a problem in fact she liked me and I never knew why. So for such coming from her, it was a great shock. That was how I got punished for what I didn't do. I got six weeks of suspension from boarding house. But it was reduced to three due to the plea of parents. I had already served one week out of it, so two weeks was left.
It was a very difficult time because my house is very far from school. I had to wake up as early as 4am to beat the regular Lagos traffic. I was going with my mom. She would drop me somewhere and i would complete the rest. There were the downsides and also the upsides. The downsides was waking up very early and getting home late. The upside was even more than the downside. That period was when my school had issues with unhygienic water. Some students died of it and one of my classmate's sister was one of them. Funny thing is that, I used to drink from the source of the contaminated water. The school later closed down for some time but Ss3 students were to come to school because our waec was coming up  That was how my disappointment was turned into a blessing. Somebody shout ALLELUIA!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.
I learnt two big lessons from my experience:
1. Never be at the wrong place at the wrong time. I got included because I was there when the junior students were being flogged.
2. Evey disappointment is a blessing. I could have gotten poisoned from the water. God never puts you in a situation you can not handle. Everything happens for a reason.
I hope you enjoyed reading this and also picked some things from it. What did you find interesting from this, do share in the comment section. Thanks for reading. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHO MISSED ME? πŸ˜…

TALES OF BEING FEMALE. 😐

FRIENDSHIP πŸ˜€