SIMPLE WAY OF MAKING A PANCAKE WRAP!! 🀀🌯


If you're pancake lover like me, this post is for you. If you also what to try something different, this is for you. I will just give you all a background story, although some may see it as unnecessary "okoto" but I will still do so, you know why? This is my blog!! πŸ˜€
I was going through Twitter and I stumbled on a Nigerian chef's page and I saw different types of mouth watering dishes. I was just bookmarking and saving the pictures for future purposes. Then I saw a pancake wrap and it looked very appetising and of course because I love pancakes, I checked the ingredients. I realised I didn't have all the ingredients readily available but I still saved the picture.
Fast forward to this morning, I am like the unofficial breakfast cook in my house because I wake up before my other siblings. I just decided to make the usual pancakes that I usually do. I was sieving the flour and my parents were having a discussion and my dad said something,"necessity is the mother of invention". That was when it struck me 😳, I could make my own type of pancake wrap with the resources available. That's how I started chopping the things I needed.
So enough of my "okoto", to the recipe. Ps: I'm not a food blogger so it may not be the way a food blogger would write it. So as not to waste your time telling you how to make pancakes, you can just Google it. Also, don't make the pancakes too thick and make them wide so as to accommodate the filling. For the filling, you will need: cabbage, carrot, onions, two eggs, curry, mayonnaise, margarine/groundnut oil, salt, Cameroon pepper and pepper soup spice.( Bear in mind that is is what I used for my own. You can substitute the eggs with chicken/beef/sausages or even tofu for vegetarians. Also you can add any spice you desire depending on how spicy you want it to be).
Chop your cabbage and grate your carrot, the way you would for coleslaw. Then mix it with mayonnaise. Slice you onions. Whisk your eggs and add your Cameroon pepper. Get a pan and grease it with margarine or groundnut oil. Add your already whisked eggs (if your using beef or chicken, make sure it's tender) and stir the way you would for scrambled eggs. Then you add your onions and continue to stir. Add your salt, spices and keep stirring. I added some pancakes I cut into bits to it. Ensure to do all of this on low heat so it won't burn. You can now add your coleslaw and stir in well. You would see your filling look colourful now. Taste it to adjust anything. Don't forget cooking is an art, you can add what ever you want to it to make it spicier or creamer.
For the wrap now, the part that looks better in the pancake should be under. Place a generous amount of the filling and then just fold it in till the end. Do this neatly. If you have a skewer or toothpick, you can use it to hold it together.


So that's how I made my pancake wrap for breakfast. My siblings were calling it "pancake sharwarma". You don't blame them, it kind of looks like sharwarma. I took mine with hot coffee because the weather is really cold and I now love coffee ☕. You can have it as a snack and compliment it with a juice or yoghurt. Hope you found this helpful, if you have any questions you can do so in the comment section below. If you can't you can send an email or dm me on WhatsApp or Twitter. Don't forget to share your photos with me when you try it. πŸ€—. Happy Democracy day πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬.Thanks for reading. ❤️

Comments

  1. Nice one girl....will love to try is someday cause am a pancake lover too,lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I knew I wasn't the only one. Make sure you send a photo. πŸ˜‰

      Delete
  2. Will try this someday 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure you send a photo. πŸ˜„

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will definitely try this soon. Nice oneπŸ€—

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHO MISSED ME? πŸ˜…

TALES OF BEING FEMALE. 😐

FRIENDSHIP πŸ˜€