READY OR NOT?? 😓


Hi, welcome!!
I just remembered a conversation I had with someone sometime in school and I thought it's worth sharing. There is this young lady I met,I can't really remember what we were saying prior that but it kind of lead to marriage talk. I asked her what she would like to do after school and she said,"marriage is the next thing". I was still trying to process what she meant by that really and she asked me the same question. I told her I would love to do my masters, take some professional exams and ultimately do something productive with my life and career. She just looked at me strangely like what I said was impossible. She said that is too much for a woman and that would scare off a man. I was just left in awe that someone in this age and time thought like that. I gradually kept my distance from her because I wouldn't want someone with that kind of ridiculous mindset around me.
I wouldn't want to attribute her reason for such a mindset to her geographical location. It was funny how being successful was going to make men scared of you. If a man is scared of your success as a woman, he is weak and doesn't deserve you. You shouldn't lower your standards just to please a man. It will earn you respect for yourself. If it's the highest form of education,go for it. So when you go into a relationship,you will be an asset not a liability.
The society wants you to get married and start a family. But want do you want for yourself, you should be selfish when it comes to this. Don't get me wrong, I will want to get married and have a family but that should be when I'm ready and not when people feel it's right. Gone a those days where the woman is restricted to the kitchen and the "other" room. When you are in the background and the husband represents the family. 
I'm sure most men would want a well read and outspoken woman and not someone hiding in his shadows.
So, develop yourself before going to a big commitment such as marriage. Can you be comfortable enough to provide for your needs without asking your spouse? There are certain questions young ladies should ask themselves before going into marriage. Let your husband marry a wealthy woman. By that I don't mean, he won't be wealthy also. Don't get it twisted. 😉
* The photo I used is from a Twitter artist which I really can't remember her handle right now. I so much love the photo and I think it represents this post  well. So never forget you're a gem an your beauty would be beheld by someone who knows your worth.
Also shout-out to everyone that makes a conscious effort to read and comment on my blog. I want to let you know I see them and those that message me privately, you give me the motivation to keep this blog active. You all are MVPs!!
Don't forget to subscribe as well. 😉
If you have questions or clarifications,use the comment section
Thanks for reading. ❤️

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHO MISSED ME? 😅

TALES OF BEING FEMALE. 😐

IS FEMINISM, MISANDRY?